Laughter Is The Best Medicine
- It releases the feel good brain chemicals dopamine and endorphins.
- In social situations we use it to show others we like them.
- Ten to fifteen minutes of laughter can burn up to 40 calories.
- It may help relax your arteries and increase blood flow.
- The endorphins help decrease the sensations of pain.
- It lowers stress hormones like cortisol and epinephrine and raises serotonin to help fight depression.
- Laughter is contagious.
- Babies learn giggling by 3 – 4 months by watching and responding to others.
- Humans laughed before they could talk.